Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday at Honore Bakery

What to do on a day anticipating snow?  Go to the nearest bakery...I am lucky that one of my favorite bakery Honore is only about 7 blocks away.  

Went there this morning for some coffee and the line was almost out the door but I waited out and picked up enough pastries for the day. I picked up 2 Gougeres since I've not had any of theirs since before Christmas, a Huckleberry Vanilla Bean Tart, and Cheddar & Green Onion Scone.  

Gougeres
Now that I've made my own, I can say...mine are just as good. :0) Correction from my previous write, their price is 1.50 each...it's their macrons that are 1.90 each.

Huckleberry Vanilla Bean Tart
I love this tart. It's very flakey and creamy pastry cream line the bottom.  The fruit is a nice nice and tart to balance the rich pastry. My favorite is their blueberry.  They change it up with seasonal fruit.

Lastly, one of my staples of savory pastry for breakfast...the scone.  I've always found these to be a little bit too much butter and not as crumbly for a scone, but still wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...