Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Scottish Sticky Toffee Pudding

Did you know? I didn't!  All I knew was that I LOOOOVE the Sticky Toffee Pudding at Walrus & Carpenter.  It was the best Sticky Toffee Pudding...no, it was the best dessert I've ever had!  






It's so light, buttery, salty, sweet, creamy, and best darn thing ever!  It was so different than all the versions I've had. Well no wonder, I been eating the British version...Walrus & Carpenter serves the Scottish version.  I had no idea there was a difference!  This is so why I need to go and explore Europe!


Well, today I went to dinner at Walrus and Carpenter with my long time friend Chris, and her buddy/my new friend Jason.  Food was amazing as always, and they had this on the menu.  I warned them both about this dessert.  In fact, it was Chris' idea to order another one.  Why would I object?  


So we were telling the waitress how lovely this dessert was and that for the second one we wanted more whipped cream, but I think she thought we said something else.  She started explaining how in Scotland, they server the cake swimming in a pool of whipped cream, and that she will ask the chef to give it to us that way for the second one.  Okay!  Olay!




My god it was just as good!  Seriously, I think better or just as good as sex!  ;-)


Well, I'm finding a recipe and will give it a go!  Can't wait to compare to the British ones I've made.

2 comments:

  1. Did you find a recipe for this? I have a recipe from Galway. I tried this on Friday and WOW,.....I would love to make this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not yet found a recipe yet. Do you have link? We are going to beg Warlus and see if they will give us. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...