Sunday, July 11, 2010

Homemade Pizza

Today, I spent the day in Ballard watching world cup and shopping at the farmer's market.  It was seafood fest in Ballard.  Samad and I were going to try and watch it at the new Market Arms.  We got there an hour before and the lines around the block.  We tried to find a few other places that were showing the game with sound and ended up at the newly open place The Noble Fir.  


The Noble Fir is a drink place in Ballard.  They don't have much food, just cheese and appetizer plates.  Their dessert menu are 3 different Theo chocolate bars...enough said.  Their drinks are great though, they have a great selections of drafts and a few ciders. I ended up drinking 2 pts of cider.  


Anyways, this lead us to the farmer's market where I got inspired to make pizza for dinner.  


The Dough
I made the dough a day ago, eager to make the No Knead Bread again with the warm weather in the air.  My friend Anya told me to use this as pizza dough a while back and we did use the recipe for the Homeless cooking a few months back.  So, I decided to make pizza instead of bread. I do have to say, this dough makes great pizza.  It can be thin and crispy if you roll it out very thin, or chewy and crusty as a thicker roll out.


The Toppings
I picked up some great porcini mushrooms, truffle formage, and fresh basil at the market.  On our way back to my place, we saw some rosemary bush so broke off a twig and put in our bag.  


The Result
I made 3 different kinds....


Truffled Porcini
This had porcini mushroom, tuffled formage, truffle salt.






Rosemary Potato
This had thinly sliced organic potatoes, porcini mushrooms, white onions, chili flakes, freshly chopped rosemary, and parmesean reggiano cheese.









Margarita
This was your classic. Made with San Marzano tomatoes, fresh basil, but no mozzerella, thus used parmesean.  Soung was over so had to make some vegan too.









1 comment:

  1. What a great variety of flavors. All 3 look delicious! I'll have to try making the rosemary potato pizza.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...