Sunday, July 25, 2010

Peach Galette

One of the easiest summer desserts are fruit galettes.  It takes 5-10 mins to prep and about 40 mins to bake (assuming dough is already made).  Yes, I do use store bought pie dough some times.  It makes things easier when I don't have time to roll out my own.  Or I make the dough ahead of time and break out into hockey puck disk and wrap it in plastic and roll out before use.

Here is all you need...

Ingredients
1 package of pre-made pie dough (your own or store bought)
2 peaches thinly sliced
2 tablespoon of cold butter
3 tablespoon of sugar
Pinch of salt
Egg wash (1 egg and some water or milk)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Roll out the pie dough into about 9 to 10 inches, doesn't have to be perfectly round.  
Arrange the peach slices in a spiral, distributed evenly leaving about about 1 1/2 inches of end pie dough open. 
Fold and tuck the open pie dough over, folding in to form a rough circle.
Sprinkle the sugar all over the fruit.
Sprinkle the salt.
Put small pieces of the butter all over the peaches.
Brush the crust with an egg wash, then sprinkle more sugar on top.
Bake for about 30-40 min until crust is golden brown.
Server warm with ice cream.


You can make this with plums, apples, or any seasonal fruit.  I some times like to combine berries with stone fruits.  This particular recipe is great to add some blueberries or blackberries.  Use your favorite fruit combo.



2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, as always! I have to try making it this week. I saw a similar recipe from Giada dL with almond paste rounds and figs - I think I'm going to try almond paste and peaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anya! Let me know how it goes. Almond paste sounds great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...