Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Savory Pie Bites

Boy it's been a long time!  Well, I've been making good food to eat and to share, but life has been a bit busy to post.  I'm also working on a new site soon with a new camera, with the hope to change the feel and focus of this blog journey I've been on. More to come at some point later this year.

Life has really come to a great place, I'm able to focus and take a deep breath and hopefully do more baking and sharing of food!

Last holiday season, I made these little Pie Bites that are super easy to make when you are on the go.

Pie Bites
1 package of store bought pie shell (I know but it saves time!)
Handful of Dates, Pitted and Chopped
Parmesan Cheese, Chopped in little chunks
Handful of Pecans, Broken
Black Pepper, A Dash
Egg Wash
Salt Flakes

-Preheat oven to 350 degree
-Cut the pie shell into 2x2 inch squares
-Lay out the squares on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
-Put even amounts of dates, cheese, and pecans
-Sprinkle some black pepper
-Cover each one with another square of pie dough
-Using a fork, crimp all four sides of each square
-Brush each with egg wash
-Sprinkle a pinch of salt flakes
-Bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown
-Cool 15 minutes 

That's it!  People will ooohhh and ahhhh but it's a simple appetizer for any party.  You can change up the filling in any combo you like!


2 comments:

  1. looks delicious. hm, I can see how a pre-made pie crust can make this a lot easier... I have one from TJ in the freezer and some leftover pulled pork from this weekend - I think it'll give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...