Saturday, October 19, 2013

Cambozola & Apples

I am loving this recipe.  I've made this recently with brie and peaches.  With the changing of the season and great apples out there, this is a good one for an early afternoon happy hour.  It is so easy to make!  

Today, I served this for some friends for what I called High Tea.  We had sweets, little finger foods, and this cheese plate that I served with crackers.

1 wedge of Cambozola cheese
1 apple (I used Jonagold) cored, peeled, and cut in small pieces
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tsp of fresh thyme, plus a sprig to garnish
1 tablespoon of honey (I used this peach flavored one that I picked up in Colorado.  It's adding that salmon color on the plate.)

Heat over to 300 degrees
Put the cheese on a baking sheet and bake for about 5 minutes until soft but not melting and runny.
Put olive oil in a small frying pan over medium heat.
When hot, toss in the thyme and it will pop and fry.
Toss in apple pieces and let apples cook and caramelize.  Don't stir too much, let the apples get brown nicely.
Put warm cheese on a serving platter.
Top the cheese with the honey and spread evenly until cheese covered.
Spoon and top the cheese with the cooked apples.
Place a sprig of thyme on top and serve.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...