Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Rib Eye & Apple Pie

You know sometimes you have great ideas but the execution doesn't happen for one reason or another.  This was my Rib Eye and Apple Pie dinner.  
My bro's childhood friend Kyle came up from CA.  He is like a little brother to us as well and these boys are meat and potato kind of boys.  For this reason I had a great dinner with classic menu planned.
  • Rib Eye with Homemade Steak Sauce
  • Potato Gratin
  • Arugula Salad with Blood Orange Vinnegrette
  • Beet Salad
  • Homemade Apple Pie
Well...the execution wasn't as I had hoped.  Requested were for med rare steaks but it was more rare, potato was too cold, apple pie was a bit mushy and tart.  Salads turned out well and they liked the steak sauce which is from Bobby Flay's Bar American recipe.
Oh well...I will try again sometime soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...