Saturday, August 29, 2009

Grilled Salmon and Ratatouille

Dinner with Hamed and Pascale
My new chef friend Hamed and his wife Pascale invited me to their lovely home for a nice dinner a few weeks ago. Their home is so lovely...just the old kind of house that I want some day. Their kitchen completely remodel kitchen was even more envious. I met Hamed working with St. Cloud catering. We have worked about 4 gigs together this summer. He is the first and only person that John and Cass has allowed me to work as a team without them. He graduated from FCI, the culinary school in NYC that I so desperately want to go. I also met his super nice wife at the dinner. Here is what they served:
Salmon Tartare on slices of baguette
Beet Salad
Roasted slices of golden and pink beets filled in between with some kind of seasoned herbed goat cheese
Grilled Salmon

Ratatuouille of yellow squash and peppers, it was very nice
Side of fluffy moist rice that was cooked with vegetables. Hamed said he first toasted the rice before adding vegetables and water. I brought dessert but it wasn't my normal up to par, especially to the dinner. I made my mini tarts but I used a different pastry recipe from the Pastry book by Michael Roux that I was reading. It was filled with fresh raspberry and chocolate ganache. I think it tasted okay but didn't look as good. I need to fill a pastry bag or bottle next time, rather than spooning in the ganauch. Not a way to impress a FCI graduate. I have to redeem myself.... I didn't have my camera at the dinner and I couldn't save the pic on my Blackberry, but Hamed gave me all the leftovers so I came home and recreated the dinner on a plate for this picture. :) They were so gracious to even give me 2 squashes that they got from their neighbor. I really hoped to return the nice gesture and have them over for a Korean dinner at my home when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...