Friday, August 28, 2009

LA Food Tour

Today was the first day of my vacation. Yesterday was travel day so I don't count it. It was a great day! I am in Los Angeles, a city I don't really love, but my cousin is here so we come out here to see her. We is my sister. My partner on the "food tour". We will try all the great restaurants and nice spots that LA has to offer and I will talk about it here.
Half the time will be spent in LA and another half will be in Santa Barbra. I haven't been here in over 4 years. The last time I was here, I had the best vegetarian entree of some time. It was from a restaurant called Los Olivos in Santa Barbra. All I remember was that it was a puff pastry wrapped mushroom with local vegetables in some kind of ruby port sauce. Everytime I think about my favorite vegetarian meal, it is that. Well...I am back and ready to taste again.
I often wonder if it was truely that great or a day of wine tasting made me tipsy and the food better than it really was. Has my palate grown since then and I won't have the same experience? We will see....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...