Sunday, February 13, 2011

Best Onion Ring Ever!

Sear's Fine Foods.  
http://www.searsfinefood.com/index.html
Have you ever been to this place?  I heard it's the oldest restaurant in SF.  Soung and I first discovered this place back in '94.  Our first visit there.  We found it by accident, near our hotel for breakfast.  Back then, when our palate and experience were very green, we thought it was one of the best old time breakfast we've had.  It was hustle and bustle busy and no business but food business.  The original place closed it's doors in 2003, then a local restaurateur bought the place, remodeled and reopened in 2004.

When I went last month, I couldn't recall exactly the original place but it was definitely different.  It wasn't the small diner feel but trying to be.  They were known for their Swedish, dollar size pancakes, and those were still there.  

I had never been there for dinner but Sue and I had hard time getting into to some of the places on my list before 9pm, but this place got us in.  The best thing we had that night were the onion rings.  Wow!  The best I've had.  They were light, perfectly seasoned, and the herb touch was fab.  Everything else we had were good but nothing to write about, unlike these light as air onion rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...