Sunday, February 13, 2011

Nishino's

Last week, Samad and I went to eat at Nishino's for some sushi.  I forget how good this place is.  I usually come here for birthdays. It's my mom's favorite sushi place.  Just simple good quality food...no frills and trends.  Like Carrie said in SITC about George Cloony...like a timeless Chanel suit.  This is how I feel about Nishino's.  

We sat the sushi bar and Samad asked the chef to just make him something special and here are what he had.  I can't recall the names.
I, on the other hand stuck to the veggie items that I like...

Cucumber Roll.  Can't go wrong with this.


Veggie Tempera


For dessert, he let me choose and thought we should keep it light and had the Shiso Sorbet with Azuki Red Bean Compote.  Shiso is a Japanese mint like herb, leaf.  We eat this in Korean food too as a savory item, usually marinated in soy sauce, red peppers, and other spices.  We then wrap a little rice inside and eat it.  At first bite the dessert tasted a bit strange, like when you have a shot of wheat grass, but then when you ate it with the Azuki, it tasted better.  After finishing...it wasn't that bad.  It wasn't a dessert though.  More like a palate cleanser.


Having the sweet tooth that I do, I had to have something more decadent.  So, we also had some cupcakes at Cupcake Royale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...