Sunday, May 20, 2012

Red Velvet Cupcakes

I wanted to make the girliest cake for my manly little bro's birthday.  There was going to be a bunch of little girls from our friends so I thought even better!  


I decided on cupcakes, mini cupcakes.  


What's better than vibrant red cake and white frosting with more red decorations.  Can't be more girly than that.  


I also love fresh fruit in my desserts so I added fresh raspberries.  Red velvet cakes are such classic flavors that I've never added a fresh component, but I loved it and will do that for future version of this cake.


It turnout really cute!  Very girly!  

2 comments:

  1. What do you use to pipe the frosting? It looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anya. I chose the perfect to take pic of, there were a lot of lop sided ones. I realized piping with about 1/2 to 3/4 inch hole is best so I've been just using the attachment but no tip.

    The other thing is to leave the cupcake on the table when piping, I was holding the cupcake in one hand, piping bag in another and it worked best when I left the case on the table and controled the piping bag with both hands.

    Let me know how it turns out when you give it a go!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...