Saturday, May 12, 2012

Roasted Grapes

A few nights a go, met up with some girlfriends for some happy hour at terra plata in Seattle.  I was so eager to try this place but the only thing worth mentioning is the Roasted Grape Cheese Plate.  


I've seen grapes used in savory dishes and it makes total sense to create appetizers for wine with grapes, but I never saw it as the central ingredient.  They roasted with halved walnuts and olives, served with a very small blue cheese, and only 2 crostinis.  The idea is good and the grapes were yummy but I could have used more cheese and bread. They could have drizzled it with some honey or balsamic...something.




Everything else was okay and beautiful but very one note in flavor.  Even my friends noted this.  The place was gorgeous and the host was super nice and cheery, but also our waitress was luke warm to icy at worst.  I dont' need to revisit this place.  


This is what I'm finding these days, it's a good learning lesson.  Flavor of food is so important than the cool setting and people. There are places that know and get food.  It's about great ingredients, techniques, but also knowing flavors and how to layered them.  You notice when it's lacking but when something is great...you just know low wonderful it taste.


Bad service also is a such killer for a place. I hate it the most at places where I've love the food.  This place they need more rockin service since the food is okay.  Oh well....on to the next place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...