Sunday, May 20, 2012

Strawberry Lemon Thyme Trifle

It all started with madelines gone bad.  Last week I was trying to make some nice madelines for Vicky's birthday bash but it was a new recipe and I overfilled the tins, which resulted in a square lumps of cakes vs. the nice scallop shapes.  It tasted wonderful so I saved them to make a trifle.


I decided to make it for my brother's birthday BBQ.  The madelines were made with lemon thyme herb so playing off this flavor profile, I thought strawberries and lemon would be good.


There were four components which were lemon curd, fresh whipped cream, macerated strawberries, and the madelines torn into pieces.




I added more of the fresh lemon thyme to the strawberries.  This herb is so good.  I think better in sweet dishes then savory.
I layered each components starting and ending with the whipped cream.
It was good.  A nice combo of sweet, tart, and the freshness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...