Thursday, May 28, 2009

Lark

It was my friend Debbie's birthday and we went to Lark to celebrate.
I can't say it was all that it was hyped to be. I know the place has been around for 5 years and everyone always rave about it but it wasn't all that for me.
It was good and more fun because we had an occassion to celebrate but I was expecting more. We had the following:
Starters
  • 3 Cheeses of Buenalba Drunken Goat, Bleu D’Auvergne, I forgot the third.
  • Marcona almonds, marinated olives, and preserved quince
Sides
  • Pommes de terre "Robuchon"
  • Warm asparagus bagna caudawith poached egg and miner’s lettuce
  • Sautéed half wild mushroomswith garlic, olive oil and sea salt
  • Bluebird Grain Farms farrowith nettles and roasted oyster mushrooms
Main
  • Black seabass with green almonds,ramps, honshimeiji mushroom and lemon
  • Manila clams with chorizo,garlic, baby kale and Olsen’s potatoes
Dessert
  • Apricot tarte tatinwith rum caramel and vanilla bean ice cream
  • Chocolate madeleineswith Theo organic dark chocolate sauce
Nothing was bad but it just wasn't great. All the food are served family style or tapas style but there wasn't that much to share. I think you get more from Poppy's thali for one person. Their service and attention to detail was great. I love the simple syrup they served in petite jar for my iced tea. The olive oil that dreched the olives and almond had amazing flavor. Would I go back...not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...