Friday, April 30, 2010

Thomas Keller

Thomas Keller is one of my idols.  His precision, techniques, food style, approach to ingredient, and dedication to quality is what makes him so amazing!  
I went to one of his book signing last winter.  He came into town to promote his latest cookbook Ad Hoc which is after his restaurant of the same name.  He was so nice and approachable.   Meeting him was like meeting a rock star for me.  I was soooooo nervous!    I took 2 of his other cookbooks with me to get signed, the classic French Laundry, and Bouchon.   


Here are some pics.  That's me standing right in front of him.  You can't see the big smile on my face.

Oh my god!  He actually talked to me and gave me advice when I ask him what it takes to work at one of his restaurants.  I felt like a dumb fool asking him, but I thought...when would I get another chance to talk to my idol.  I guess I was persistent because his publicist pulled me aside gave me her card, and said if I am interested in doing an apprenticeship that I should contact her.  Well..I was too chicken and as I said earlier the past few months were a bit strange for me.  Had I known I was not going to be working for 5 months...woulda, shoulda, coulda.  :(
Check out his different restaurants:
French Laundry
Per Se
Bouchon Bistro
Bouchon Bakery
Ad Hoc


Mario Batali is next.  He will be in town on Tuesday for book signing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...