Saturday, May 1, 2010

Catering for Audubon

Tonight I got to put on my white chef jacket and help St. Cloud with their catering for an Seattle Audubon event at Seward Park.  I've not catered in a long time. I think the economy hurt the catering business pretty hard, but seems like things are picking up. St. Cloud is calling me.  

This was a fun event and fairly easy.  Plated dinner for 35 people.  When I help with catering, it's not much cooking.  It's usually assembling appetizers or dinners on site or executing the final touches.  It's usually a lot plating and coordinating.  This one was mainly about plating.  

I don't have pics because my camera is broken right now.  Plus I would need to ask St. Cloud if they are okay with me taking pics and posting.   Here was the menu:
-Grilled Salmon with Smoked Tomato Vinaigrette
-Farro Risotto  (Farro is so good!  It's a hearty wheatberry like grain.)
-Sauteed Greens
-Cookies and Sorbet


More than anything, it was good to see and work with some of the fun people I've not seen in a while.  It's never "work".  It's just fun for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...