Saturday, May 29, 2010

Catering with St Cloud-The Grill

A few weekends ago, I got to help St. Cloud with catering again.  This time the event was for 3 graduating law students.  Boy, it was the hippest party I've attended as part of catering team and any party.  Everyone was dressed freshly out of a hip magazine party.  There was also reality show sighting too.  Ash Fulk from last season's Top Chef was there.  I played it cool and didn't bother him but of course wanted to ask him all kind of questions.  


My job that day was to grill.  I am a veggie so I don't grill that much and when they asked me if I could do it, I said of course!  Well, I had to figure out quick.  I've grilled mostlt on charcoal but not much from propane gas grill.   Well...let me say, it was an experience.  Eventually I got the hang of it and grilled the Chicken Skewers, and then made the Mini Sliders.  It brought me memories of making hamburgers at Dairy Queen when I was a teenager.


Here is the menu:


  • Lemongrass Shrimp Skewers
  • Asian Marinated Chicken Skewers with Peanut Sauce
  • Rosemary and Shallot Spiced Nuts
  • Stuffed Mushrooms with Spinach Fontina, Carmaelized Onion and Pinenuts
  • Cruite Platter of Lightly Steamed broccoli, cauliflfower, carrots, asparagus, and red/yellow peppers
  • Carmaelized Onion and Grilled Pear and Goat Cheese Bruschetta
  • Vietnamese Style Avacado Spring Roll Slice on Crispy Wonton with Wasabi Mayo
  • House Smoked Columbia River Stellhead Sekwers with Orange Citronette
  • Mini Sliders with Secret Sauce
  • Mini Open-faced Beef Tenderloin Sandwiches with Watercress Mayo and Roasted Red Peppers
Sorry I didn't get any pics. The food was beautifully plated and served.  Good news is that John Platt, the owner of St. Cloud gave me the okay to bring camera and take pic, as well as post on this blog so next time I help them, I will get great pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...