Saturday, March 3, 2012

Jello Trifle



So...my family is Korean, very Korean, but we love "white trash food".  I say that with love.  Every holiday, we must have "Jello Salad".  Either myself, or my sis or bro will make this dish in different version but it always has the basics, jello, marshmallows, canned fruits, dried fruits, coconut, and cool whip. Yes cool whip, to use real whipped cream is no justice here.  I not gonna lie, it's best with the traditional canned, processed ingredients.  :)  I also made the jello with mango puree juice vs. just water and this added more flavor to the jello.

I also tried to "up" it with the presentation and thus this year...made it into a Trifle vs just the all mixed salad.  It looks quite pretty I think.  If you want the recipe, email me.  I doubt I will get many requests but it's good.  I'll try to show you how we up this dish each year.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...