Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ma'ono Fried Chicken & Whisky

Ma'ono is formerly known as Spring Hill.  The past few years buzzed place in West Seattle.  Spring Hill has been on my list of places to try forever.  Especially after a book signing by Thomas Keller, where he announced he was going their for dinner after the signing.  I finally made plans to check out the place and find out it was changed to a Hawaiian inspired Fried Chicken & Whisky place.  As a veggie eater, didn't know if I would find anything to eat.  

The good news is that the place is still fabulous!  It has the same owner and chef Mark Fuller.  He was trained from CIA and worked under Tom Douglas.  He is from Hawaii and is reaching toward his roots with this place. I've heard the quality and level of food is the same.

There are a lot of Pork on the menu.  Where they can fit in a pork item they do.  Lot of comforting items but kicked it up a notch.

Bloody Mary with Housemade Pickles and Hamhock


Eggs Benedict




Hangtown Fry
Crispy fried pacific oysters, bacon & roasted pepper scramble, grilled bread
Pascale said this was good but needed more flavor.


The Half Pound Burger
House bacon, hand-crafted american cheese, special sauce, dill pickle, fries.


I had several a la carte items...
Popover with Nutella.
I have to be honest, I think they over heated or scorched the chocolate a bit too much, it wasn't smooth.  I'd rather had cold smooth Nutella than heated with texture.  The Popover was good but it was no Tyler Florence's Popover that you get for free from dining there.


Hashed Browned Potatoes
This was interesting.  It was prepared ahead of time and deep fried I believe.  It wasn't that spectacular, it was okay.  Their homemade ketchup was great though.


Butter Lettuce Salad
Tender herbs, radish, parmesan, citronette
This was good, fresh and punch of acid with the dressing.


I think for a meat eater...it will be paradise.  My guy friends and bro will love this place.  Will I go back? Definitely...but want to try dinner next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...