Sunday, August 29, 2010

Macarons From France

My cousins came to visit our family and brought gifts!  Soo Jin went to Paris for an internship and brought us my favorite French macarons.  Yes, real macarons from France!  They are not just any macarons but from Laduree! http://www.laduree.fr/  Laduree is the historic tea shop in Paris.






These were amazing!  I've tried every version I can find in Seattle and those don't do real justice to these. The cookie itself was nicely thin crispy with good amount of air and almond texture and flavor.  The filling flavors were the best I've had.  Yum!


The green one tasted like jolly ranchers.  Fruity and subtle sweetness was so good!  I'm not sure on the exact fruit.  I looked up their website for the flavors but can't figure out this one.




The yellow one was a butter cream of some sort.  The butter cream was so velvety and this one waws not as sweet.  The cream one I think was vanilla butter cream.









The purple one was blackcurrent violet.  I can taste the tart fruity flavor and the subtle violets. Wow!




The pink was a rose buttercream.  Very interesting.




I was only going to try two to savor these and not eat at once but I ended up eating all of them.  Man I need to go Paris for more.  Seattle macarons won't be the same.  I better master making these soon!




Thanks so much Soo Jin!  My mouth wants more!

1 comment:

  1. Yurim Unni! Your pics are so pretty. I'm happy you enjoyed them. :) Actually, Pierre Herme is better than Laduree. Their rose maracon is amazing!
    http://www.pierreherme.com

    I miss macarons so badly too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...