Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The New Mama Melinas

After a long day of shopping, cousins, mom, sister, and my little bro checked out the new Mama Melina near Uvillage.  http://mammamelina.com/


Food was good but not spectacular.  Nothing to write home about.  If you are in the area and crave Italian, you should go but not a destination spot.  Flavors were so so, exception was the eggplant parmesan.  The food and restaurant is beautiful but the flavors weren't there for me.  It's good but not great.


The Appetizers...
Eggplant Parmesan.  This was my favorite dish of the night.




Vongole con Fagioli e Pancetta (Clams, white beans, and pancetta)




Bruschette




The Entrees....
Spaghetti Pomodoro




Ravioli Con Porcini e Formaggi




Penne with Smoked Mozzarella




Pizza Salciccia e Rapini




Pizza with Mushroom and Truffle
I don't recommend this at all.  Barely any truffle favors. 








The Dessert....
Cheesecake 
This was made with ricotta.  I find this is my favorite way of eating cheesecake. Ricotta gives it a velvety texture and a lightness.




Tiramisu




The diners....my familia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...