Saturday, November 6, 2010

Candle 79

Candle 79 is a vegan restaurant on Soung's list of places to check out.  Being the nice sister that I am, I of course go with her to try.  Well don't tell her but it was not good and too pricy.  The worst 32.00 I've spent.  Not going to say anything more.  Vegan is enough.  Food is pretty but ugh yuk for me.  
154 East 79th Street
New York, NY 10021


STEAMED DUMPLINGS - seitan, shiitake mushrooms,baby bok choy, sesame-ginger-soy sauce




I asked them what they are known for. They said this was their signature dish.
SEITAN PICCATA - creamed spinach, grilled potato cake,oyster mushrooms, lemon-caper sauce




Soung had this.
CARIBBEAN JERK GRILLED TEMPEH - plantains, collard greens, black bean sauce, coconut-green papaya salsa, habañero-cilantro coulis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...