Sunday, February 5, 2012

Chocolate Madeleines


I've come to love the little cakes that are shaped like a scallop shells and portable like a cookie.  They are moist, soft, and have texture.  Great with coffee or tea.  I usually buy them where I see them at coffee shops.  

I bought my madeleine tins years ago but it was just one of those things that I never got around to trying to make.  A couple of weeks ago, we had a week of snow and couldn't go anywhere. I was sooooo craving some chocolate so pulled out my Donna Hay cookbook and found this simple recipe.

It's super easy to make and easy to eat.  :)  Next time, I'm going to dip them in dark chocolate.


2 Large Eggs
1/3 C Caster Sugar
1/3 AP Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
2 Tbl Dutch Process Cocoa Powder ( I added an extra spoon because I wanted strong chocolate flavor, so use 3 Tbl if you like chocolate)
2oz or 1/2 stick Unsalted Butter, melted
 

Preheat oven to 350 degree.  

Grease your madeleine pans with butter or a spray.

Place eggs and caster sugar in a bowl and whisk.

Sift flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder together.

Spoon sifted flour over egg mixture and fold through with melted butter.

Spoon mixture into greased Madeleine tin or Silicon Mold until almost to the rim.

Bake for 10 minutes or until Madeleine spring back when lightly press.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...