Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Bet Payoff Steak Dinner

Okay...I'm not the best bowler.  My brother however is a super bowler.  He has own shoes and bowling ball.  A big nerd.  :)  For his birthday last May, I put together a celebration of his favorite things BBQ and Bowling.  

Being the competitive Yi's we are, no matter how terrible we might be at something, we still accept a challenge.  This is what we did with bowling.  We broke up the up team into 2 groups and unfortunately, I was on the losing team.  The bet was a Steak Dinner.  They said, no Costco steak either.  So I picked up some steaks at a A & J Meat and Seafood in Queen Ann, some very dry aged rib eye.

Here was the dinner.


Nibbler
We started off with some cheese and crackers platter with duck pate.

Steak
The meat cooked with simple salt, pepper, with olive oil rub.  

It was served with an herb butter disk.

Salad
These meat eating winners don't like veggies.  Even Bia, won't eat anything green, so I made the focus of a salad on apples since they are lovely in the fall season.  They sliced super thin, simply dressed in some citrus vinaigrette, and then stacked.  Sprinkle some bleu cheese, toasted pecans, and micro green.  Looks so pretty right, well the flavors weren't there.  Perhaps it was the dressing but didn't taste that great.


Sides
Roasted Paprika Potatoes were a hit!  My friend Ken prepared this great Marsala Mushrooms.


Dessert
Again, with fall upon on us (at the time of dinner), I tried to use seasonal ingredients and decided to make individual Pear Crisps, a vegan version since my sis the vegan.  I used Nature Balance in place of butter to make my topping.  

Here are the winning shmucks!  
The losing shmucks.  Will get them next time and make them cook us a veggie dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...