Saturday, December 11, 2010

Holiday Brunch with Friends

This morning I had some dear friends over for brunch.  This meal of the day is truly one of my favorite things to make.   It also helps to serve with Mimosa!




Fruit of Melons and Blueberries
I love the colors here.


Bagels & Lox
My brother brought over some fresh bagels, smoked salmon, and good cream cheese.  He did such a great job slicing the salmon so thin.


Cheese and Scallion Biscuits


Apple Spice Coffee Cake


Roasted Pepper Potatoes


Simple Scrambled Eggs with Chives


Maple Bacon
I wish at times I could eat bacon.  It fills the house with a smell that says it's morning.  This version is made in the oven.  I brush the bacon with pure maple syrup then bake it in it's own fat until "almost" done.  I then take it out of the oven, drain the fat, put it on a rack, then bake some more until crisp.  


Janine said it was the best bacon she's ever had.  Looks her son Wilson also liked it too.  He is so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...