Saturday, December 11, 2010

Coffee Cake

This week has been all about coffee cake. I made 3 versions this week for office mates at work, and for a brunch this morning.  I'm still in the process of testing and perfecting the recipe.  I keep over baking it and the bottom is a but tough.  I really want it to be moist, tender, velvety cake with fabulous flavorful toppings.   I'll keep trying...


Apple Spice
This had green apples, cardamon, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  I think I over did the spice.  I do love this round cake the best.




Banana Pecan
This was pretty good made with over-riped bananas and toasted salty pecans.




Apple Cinnamon
In terms of classic flavor, I think this is best.  Keep it simple with cinnamon and forgo the other spices.







More to come with recipe once I can perfect a recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...