Thursday, December 30, 2010

Chocolate Tart

This chocolate tart is one I have been making for years.  It's one of my go to desserts because it's so simple but so good.  I usually make it with a sable "sweet" cookie crust.  You can flavor it in various ways, just fresh berries, hazelnut, mocha, and etc.  I wanted to make a peppermint for a holiday team potluck.  
My team is mostly guys and last time I made a peppermint version of this, I was amazed at how many guys came up to me and said it was one of the best dessert they had.  I wanted to make it extra special, so this was the first time I decided to infuse fresh mint into the cream mixture vs. using a peppermint exact that I normally use. I first learned of using real fresh mint infusion from the chocolate tour at Theo's chocolate.  They have a fresh mint infused chocolate bar that is amazing!


Well...mine didn't turnout amazing.  The flavors were not there for me.  It was not the typical chocolate tart I usually make.  It was not sweet enough and a bit bitter.  The mint flavors weren't as vibrant for me.  I think my mistake was using 72% dark chocolate, I should have stuck with normal semi sweet which I think is about 60% chocolate.   Anyways, I'm going to try again with the fresh mint infusion and less dark chocolate.  I'll post my recipe after another try.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...