Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Honore Artisan Bakery - French Macron

Honore is a little neighborhood bakery in Ballard.  It's only about 5 blocks from my house.  I love this place.  Somethings are better than others here, but this place has things that are not available in most bakeries.  Things like Kouign Amann, a salty sweet dense croissant like pastry and Cannles, the dark brown baked custard pastry. 


But I'm here to talk about their Macron.  I think they have the best french ones in Seattle.  I've tried them all available in Seattle...the ones from Fresh Flours, Bakery Nouvoue, and Le Panier.  The ones at Le Panier are good but these are better.  They taste more fresh and the flavors are more vibrant.  The cookie itself is nicely crisp on the outside, full almond flavor, and their fillings are unique.  I've had salty caramel, coconut caramel, chili chocolate, lemon, passion fruit, raspberry, coconut, pistachio, and coffee.


It's divine!


They don't have a website but here is their address.
1413 NW 70th St
SeattleWA 98127

3 comments:

  1. I agree, these are delicious! There's a new French bakery on Queen Anne Ave, La Reve, and they also have macaroons. Have you had a chance to try them? I got their macaroons last week and thought they were a little too sweet and chewy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhh wanna try them so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anya: Glad we could try La Reves. It was a little too sweet.

    Soo Jin: Next trip you and your sis are here, I'll take you! I'm going to try and make my own too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...